Good morning! It's strawberry season, and while Bailey can eat tons of them on her own, there are always quite a few left over that have to be made into something delicious before they go bad. Enter: Pinterest! Pinterest has been a godsend for recipe inspiration, since I'm not a fan of just snacking on berries. Snacking on apples or bananas, sure; but there's something about berries that calls for them to be additions in my head, not on their own. I stumbled on this recipe from Half Bake Harvest (my go-to food blog!) and had to give it a whirl, with my own twists of course! Check out the recipe below!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 croissants
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbs. of butter
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- maple syrup for serving
1. Whisk together your milk, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon. Soak both sides of your croissants in the mixture, and add them to your heated (on medium!) + greased pan.
2. While your croissants are getting all golden in the pan, stir together your strawberries and cream cheese. Be sure to set aside any strawberries you want to top the croissants with!
3. Once your croissants are golden on both sides, remove from the heat and smother in your strawberry cream cheese + maple syrup. Enjoy!