Hi there! I'm sharing a new (and final, for a while) waffle recipe today! These cornbread jalapeno cheddar waffles are a dream. They are savory but sweet, and work perfectly with a chicken sandwich and pair well with some yummy queso. I highly recommend these for a summer brunch or bbq! Get the recipe below!
- 3/4 cup of cornmeal
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tbs. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tbs. of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together, then add the butter. Add in the dry ingredients, then fold in your cheese and sliced jalapenos.
3. Cook according to your waffle irons instructions.
4. Serve with queso or fill with chicken for a sandwich, and share with your best buddy! (Bailey actually loved the cornbread part, minus the jalapenos!)