Good morning! With St. Patrick's Day looming this weekend, I wanted to share this amazing brownie recipe that's perfect for the holiday. It's from Joy the Baker, and these brownies turned out better than regular brownies, and with no weird beer taste. They're just richer and the beer brings out the chocolate flavors even more. Get the recipe below!
- 1 cup of Guinness, or any stout beer
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1. Line a baking dish with cooking spray and parchment paper, and preheat oven to 350. Then in a small saucepan, simmer the beer over medium heat, until it's reduced to 1/3 of the original cup.
2. Melt your chocolate and butter together in a double boiler, and stir until liquid smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl, and whisk in the sugar and eggs, one at a time, until combined. Then, add in the beer reduction and vanilla. Next, mix in the flour, salt, and baking soda until smooth.
3. Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool and serve. Enjoy!