Good morning! Brett is a big fan of Italian cuisine, the theory being that "what's better than cheese, carbs, and sauce?". It usually combines all of those things, which happen to be his favorites. Because of this, I'm always looking for new Italian dishes to make for him, since the routine of Chicken Parm (which is my personal favorite), Classic Lasagna, and Moscatcholi pasta gets a little old after awhile. I struck gold when I found this white lasagna recipe, and as you can probably guess, it was a big hit with Brett. Get the recipe below!
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. of basil
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of salt + pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of broth
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 2 cups of ricotta
- 2 cups of shredded provelone
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 3 pieces of bacon
- cooked ground beef (optional)
1. First, preheat oven to 350 and grease a lasagna dish. Cook your noodles according to the package and set aside, then start your sauce. For the sauce, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan, then add your garlic and seasonings and cook for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then slowly add the milk and broth. Bring to a boil and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan until melted. Set aside.
2. Mix together your provolone, beef or whatever filling you like, and ricotta.
3. Assemble your lasagna by coating the bottom of the dish with 1/4 of the cheese sauce, then adding a layer of noodles. Then, spread the ricotta mixture on top, add another 1/4 of the cheese sauce, and top with another layer of noodles. Spread the last of the ricotta mixture on these noodles, add another 1/4 of the cheese sauce, top with the last of the noodles, and pour the rest of the cheese sauce on top.
4. Top with more shredded cheese and torn strips of bacon.
5. Bake for 45 minutes uncovered, then let cool for 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!