Hey there! Just wanted to share what I picked up in Denver last week. We mostly shopped around the Cherry Creek and 16th Street areas, and they didn't disappoint! Cat and I decided to go to mostly chain stores, since Columbia doesn't have an Urban Outfitters (my fave), American Apparel, or a Forever 21. That's where we did most of our shopping, along with H&M, which Columbia does have. The ones in Denver were bigger and better though, so it was still a different experience. See the haul list below!
From Top Left and Clockwise:
- Bag from Forever 21 - I've been looking to add a saddle bag to my wardrobe. Turns out they are perfect mom bags! Roomy and perfect to sling on for walks to the park or running through the grocery store. Also, the gold ring detail on the flap is #goals.
- Striped Cropped Polo from Urban Outfitters (no longer available online) - This was an impulse purchase from their sale section, and so far, I have zero regrets. I like to collect crop tops to wear under my overalls in the summer, and the collar on this gives me major early 2000's flashbacks. Bonus, the colors are on point with my personal color story too!
- Yellow Mock Neck Top from American Apparel - I have been trying to find some sort of top or dress in yellow to wear for spring and summer! I have a mustard sweater, but it's too warm to wear in the summer, so I needed a replacement. This top is perfect and looks cool with my crop flares and new ankle boots (pictured above).
- Copper Lidded Wooden Box from H&M (no longer available online)- The second H&M we went to had their home stuff that's typically only online. I couldn't walk away without something, and this little wooden box was only $1!
- Candle by Apotheke from Urban Outfitters - I had read about Brooklyn candle company Apotheke's collaboration with Urban Outfitters on UO's blog and already knew the scents I would choose between before we got to the store. Rhubarb ended up smelling the best in person, and it has quickly become my new favorite spring candle. It's good I only walked out with one though, because with that packaging, I could have bought all of them.
- Eye Earrings from H&M - I actually saw these a few months ago in one of their print ads, and loved their quirky feel, but never expected A) to see them in person and buy them and B) for the eye trend to take off like it has. Now, I'm even more into eyes, and this pair happened to be on clearance. They will be perfect with one of my many chunky sweaters, oversized tops, and billowy dresses. I love a big earring with anything oversized, it has such nice juxtaposition.
- My Dream Boots from H&M (no longer available online) - I was planning to wait until fall to pick up a new pair of ankle boots, but that idea flew out the window when I saw these beautiful shoes on sale. They are from their "Premium Quality" line, and are the ideal shape of boot I have been looking for. I'll stop here because I'm going to do a Mom Style post on them, so I can gush about them even more.
- Keyhole T by Project Social T from Urban Outfitters - I had been eyeing this t-shirt on Urban's site for awhile, but it said it was Online Only, so I wasn't even going to check for it. Lo and behold, right when you walk into the store, there is a rack in multiple colors of the mythical t-shirt! After careful selection of which color, I decided on the lavender, since pastels are in full swing this spring. The keyhole design is so pretty and flattering, I can't wait to wear this all season!
- Shorts from Forever 21 - A few months back, I did my capsule wardrobe and threw out all but one pair of shorts. They are black denim vintage Levi's cutoffs and I will probably wear and keep them forever. I threw out all the rest because I wasn't in love with any of them, and they weren't really fitting my style or colors anymore. That being said, I needed a pair of non-denim shorts to fill the hole of pants in the summer. I pretty much only wear shorts/dresses/skirts when it's warm, so one pair of shorts was not going to cut it. The hunt ensued for a pair of (hopefully!) pink shorts in a cotton or twill that were slouchy but weren't "soft shorts", which are basically lounge shorts. I wanted a pair that looked nice enough that they couldn't pass for pajamas. This pair jumped out at me in the store because they are the perfect color! In this photo, they look more mauve than they are. In person, they are more of a rose color, which is exactly what I wanted.
Overall, I'd say this trip was a success! We ate a lot of amazing food, and obviously did some awesome shopping. Yay for Denver!