Good morning! Today, I'm sharing the recipe for our Friendsgiving pie! It was a chocolate/caramel/peanut butter/brownie pie, and it barely made it through the night. I think there were like two bites left the morning after, that I promptly ate as breakfast. It's not the first pie I've made, but it was definitely one of the best. Get the recipe below!
- pie crust dough (I bought pre-made, but feel free to make your own!)
- 1 cup of caramel bits
- 3 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbs. of unsalted butter
- 3 tbs. of creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 tbs. of heavy cream
- 1 tbs. of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
1. Bake your uncooked crust at 450 for about 8 minutes, then remove from oven. Turn oven down to 325, and sprinkle the caramel bits onto your partially cooked pie crust so that it's ready for the filling.
2. Melt your butter, chocolate, and peanut butter together over medium low heat. Stir frequently, and cook until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat to cool, and in a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, flour, cream, vanilla, and salt. Add in the chocolate, and stir until just combined.
3. Pour mixture into crust, and bake for about 40-50 minutes, until the center of the pie is set. Let cool on rack, and either refrigerate until serving, or serve warm with ice cream. Enjoy!