Good morning! A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon this recipe from A Beautiful Mess, and had to give it a try. I'm a big fan of sweet potatoes, and have tried them in Mexican dished before, like enchiladas, so I knew I'd love the flavor. I've since made these quesadillas multiple times and still am loving it. I think next time I'll throw in some black beans and corn salsa for an extra kick, but for now try out the recipe below!
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tbs. diced red onion
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs. of cumin
- 1 tbs. of olive oil
- shredded cheese
- any toppings you like! Sour cream, avocado, + cilantro are always good options.
1. Preheat your oven to 425, and roast your cumin-topped sweet potatoes and onions for 30 minutes. Once those are roasted, saute your spinach and garlic in a small pan for about 5 minutes, and if you're using a quesadilla maker, preheat it. If not, check out Emma's technique for making quesadillas at the link above!
2. Smash your cooked sweet potatoes onto one of the tortilla shells. Add the onions, spinach, and shredded cheese. Cook in the quesadilla maker for a little under 10 minutes, or until its browned on top.
3. Once quesadilla is finished, slice, top, and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess.